Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Hopeless Jazz Werewolf is teething


Haha, well, it’s going sort of ok. I thought it was going to be easy using blipmedia, but despite being able to upload the mp3 and it creating an RSS feed automatically, there have been problems downloading it onto iTunes. I suspected it may be an iTunes/RSS compatibility problem, but a new RSS hasn’t made a difference. It now appears that the problem is that whilst downloading the podcast, the server cuts off for some reason, often at the same point.
So, options are to find some webspace to upload the file to. i.e. host it myself. Or perhaps hope that this is a temporary blip in Blipmedia’s service. I download somebody else’s podcast from there though, and it’s fine. Hmmmmm.

I’m using Audacity to create the mp3, and that seems to work well, and The Podcast RSS Buddy to create an RSS file, which also worked. Hopefully I can just edit that file now. Well, once I get it all up and running. The first podcast is going to be an introduction to the solo work of Frank Black (eventually)

6 comments:

Simone said...

You lost me the minute you started using acronyms. Update the damn blog for crying out loud, or at least start a new one.

Quanta said...

Haha, I even bought webspace eventually to host all this and have done bugger all with it. I wouldn't even have exposed this if kitten had allowed anonymous comments (which I don't do either).

Ok, I'm thinking about it again. I like this alter ego, so I'm not starting a new one. *swirls cape*

Simone said...

Go now! No time to waste.

Quanta said...

ok ok, thank you for your encouragement, or maybe it's just car-crash mentality. Bastards! Bet it is.

Busy weekend, but should have time to think. Lots of driving.

Quanta said...

haha, yes stalling. But FB has mentioned podcasts now too. Hmm. Um, yes soon, maybe this weekend. Maybe I should start drinking coffe again.

Quanta said...

erm, because I have absolutely no idea what to write here. Maybe I'll write poetry or song lyrics and post them here. Yeah, bad high school lyrics, that'll be the ticket.