Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bears Everywhere

Bears Everywhere


I woke up one night
It was black as coal
Not even moonlight
Nor glow from the hall
And scared as the monsters
From under my bed
Made rumblings and grumblings
To fill me with dread

Under the covers
I scrambled to find
My soft, safe protector
So strong and so kind
I grabbed him and hugged him
He banished despair
A knight in fur armour
My teddybear

He held up a torch
Saying "dont be afraid,
I'll show you there's no need
to be worried and scared"
And grabbing my hand
He threw back the sheets
And shone the torch light
Before I could speak

And there in the corner
Was Panda so brave
Ready to pounce
When monsters misbehave
Stood by the door
Was Snowy so tall
He'd come all the way
From the cold North Pole

We jumped out of bed
And teddy bear flashed
His light on the wardrobe
As I stood aghast
I was happy to see
Koala up high
Ready to banish
Airborne threats from the sky

We crept to the door
Silent with care
Peeking out at the landing
And the top of the stairs
Looming in the shadows
Stood a Grizzly sentry
With safe and strong paws
To deny monsters entry

I relaxed for a second
Then thought of the curtains
They'll get in that way
I know it for certain
But Teddy just smiled
"The window's no danger"
We looked at the stars
There shone Ursa Major

So we climbed back in bed
And snuggled so warm
Knowing that I
Could come to no harm
If ever I'm worried
If ever I'm scared
I just have to remember
There's bears everywhere.

No comments: